It's my pleasure to turn over my blog today to Chrys Fey, author of Seismic Crimes for some practical advice, and some information about the book! Enjoy! -SB
What to do if an Earthquake Strikes: By Chrys Fey
Earthquakes are frightening and devastating. When a disaster of any kind occurs, people panic. Sense goes out the window. Some people end up doing some rather stupid things that puts themselves or others in further danger. Others don’t know what to do.
If an earthquake ever strikes where you live, here is what you should do:
- - Go in a doorway, stand against an inside wall such as in a hall, or go under a bed, desk, bench or table. Stay away from windows!
- - If you’re outside, stay clear of buildings…don’t run into them.
- - If you’re in a car, pull over and stay in your car.
- - After the quake, don’t go outside where there could be falling objects and downed powerlines.
- - Check for a gas leak. Open windows and shut off the main valve. Don’t light matches, candles or lighters until you know it’s safe.
- - Boil water, if you can, until authorities say the water is safe to drink.
- - In a real pinch, there is a large quantity of water in a toilet tank….
- - Listen to the radio for emergency information.
- - Don’t use electricity or other utilities as there could be cracks in water mains or electrical currents.
- - If there’s a water leak, turn off the main valve.
- - If electricity is shorting out, switch off the meter box.
- - Don’t use your phone. Only use it to report an emergency.
- - Don’t leave safety to sightsee. Wait until there’s no threat of aftershocks and authorities say it’s safe to be on the streets.
- - Lock your doors to stop looters.
- - And carefully clean up any glass.
QUESTION: Have you ever experience a quake?
Title: Seismic Crimes
Author: Chrys Fey
Series: Disaster Crimes Series (Book Two)
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Format: Digital and Print
Page Count: 282
An Internal Affairs Investigator was murdered and his brother, Donovan Goldwyn, was framed. Now Donovan is desperate to prove his innocence. And the one person who can do that is the woman who saved him from a deadly hurricane—Beth Kennedy. From the moment their fates intertwined, passion consumed him. He wants her in his arms. More, he wants her by his side in his darkest moments.
Beth Kennedy may not know everything about Donovan, but she can’t deny what she feels for him. It’s her love for him that pushes her to do whatever she has to do to help him get justice, including putting herself in a criminal’s crosshairs.
When a tip reveals the killer's location, they travel to California, but then an earthquake of catastrophic proportions separates them. As aftershocks roll the land, Beth and Donovan have to endure dangerous conditions while trying to find their way back to one another. Will they reunite and find the killer, or will they lose everything?
HURRICANE CRIMES 99¢ SALE!