Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Q is for…Quicksilver

http://d3qljroq8e8j0n.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/28022929/Quicksilver1.jpg
Quicksilver (or Pietro Maximoff) was one of my favorite characters in Avengers: Age of Ultron. Young and arrogant, passionate. Dangerous and hard to contain like the liquid metal mercury he was named for. Ripe to be taken advantage of by manipulators. Having survived a war-torn childhood, he and sister wanted vengeance. To get it, they were willing to subject themselves to experimental procedures. It worked. They became powerful. I especially enjoyed the scenes with his superspeed.

Pietro worked willingly enough at theft and trickery for those who would use him, but he had his own ideas of right and wrong, which SPOILER ALERT led to his self-sacrifice. I love this kind of character, whose heart is good and redeems himself in the end.

___________________________________
This post is part of the A to Z Blogging Challenge. I'll be writing about superheroes I love all month. You can check out other bloggers and see their creative takes on the challenge here.

Don't forget to check out my own superhero stories:



8 comments:

  1. Who doesn't love a redemption story? I liked the siblings too. They had such a different feel to them than the other Avengers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pietro was great. His self-sacrifice made me sad, but it was a nice character arc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel I missed out as I was never into these characters. Quite an education for me!
    Rosa
    @RosaT_Author
    Rosa Temple writes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh. I really need to watch this movie. My kids have seen it and they keep bugging me to watch it. :)

    Julie
    Quarrel, wrangle, tiff, spat. Writers need not fight w/ #thesaurus.
    http://www.julievalerie.com/fight/

    ReplyDelete
  5. My brothers were very much into these books but I was not. Now I wish I paid more attention.

    @Kathleen01930
    Meet My Imaginary Friends
    #AtoZchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was sad when he died in the movie. I read a few comics with him in it and I really liked him.

    ~Ninja Minion Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will he somehow be brought back. He was cool, so was his sister!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always preferred the Flash myself as my go-to speedster.

    --
    Tim Brannan, The Other Side Blog
    2015 A to Z of Adventure!
    http://theotherside.timsbrannan.com/

    ReplyDelete