Sunday, September 17, 2017

#SonofaPitch is back!


Son of a Pitch is back! The query and pitch contest, organized by the fabulous Katie Hamstead Teller offers several layers of feedback and the potential to get your query read by publishers. More than one Son of a Pitch winner has landed a book deal this way.

I'll be acting as an author judge/blog host for Round 2 again this year, which begins on Monday, September 18th, 2017. So, here's a head's up for my regular readers that we'll be taking a week off of talking about whatever is on Samantha's mind, to offer this space to participating authors to get feedback on their queries. I'll be Team Fluttershy (Yep, we're Ponies this year: and my daughter says that Fluttershy is "quite sweet but terrifying if you provoke her." Just like me!)

I always enjoy this contest immensely. The participants bring such enthusiasm and the depth of feedback is greater than I've seen in any other query contest. So, if you're a querying author, I recommend you check this one out!

You can read more about the contest on Katie's blog. And check out the action on Twitter under the hashtag #SonofaPitch

No comments:

Post a Comment