Monday, August 28, 2023

Nibbles while I noodle…or not: an Open Book blog hop post

 


 Welcome to Open Book Blog Hop. You can find us every Monday talking about the writing life. I hope you'll check out all the posts: you'll find the links at the bottom of this post.
What snack do you like with your cuppa (coffee/tea)?  
______________________

Most of my tea or coffee is a morning affair, enjoyed alongside breakfast. My writing time usually comes at the end of the day, after the job, supper, and family responsibilities have settled. Much too late in the day for me to have caffeine if I'm going to sleep at night! 

image source



In the winter, I might have some Tension Tamer or another herbal tea for the warmth and comfort while I write, but here in the height of summer, it's ice water. I'm too hot all the time--which is part of why I can't wait for Fall to come and rescue me.  

I don't eat while I write, so no snacks for me with that second cuppa. Eating-while-distracted is a recipe for disaster for me: either I'm clumsy and make a mess, or I eat too much because I wasn't paying attention, or I forget the snack altogether because I got focused. 

How about you? Can you snack and get creative at the same time? What's your snacking pleasure? 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

6 comments:

  1. With mid-morning coffee or an afternoon cup of tea, these are the times when the snacks come out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, if I munch while I write, I don't pay attention to how much I'm eating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. Not the best for sticking to any kind of diet.

      Delete
  3. If my husband is away and there's just me in the house, there's nothing better than eating my meals and reading at the same time!

    ReplyDelete