Monday, March 19, 2018

AtoZ Challenge Theme Reveal: P is for Poetry


It's only a couple of weeks until April, which means it's almost time for the AtoZ Blogging Challenge. I've played along for a few years now. The idea is that you pick a theme and write 26 blog posts about it (one for each letter of the alphabet) posting them in April every day except Sundays (which amounts to 26 days!). 


And now, for 2018, I am going to write about: my favorite poets!

I like to take on something new each year, a little thing I promise myself I will do every day, and in 2017, that was my poem-a-day project. Not a project where I wrote poems, but in which I read a poem every day and posted about what it meant to me. The collection is still up, and I'm adding to it when the mood strikes me or when I find a poem I really have something to say about.  (This year's 365 project is #dailylight in which I post about one good thing in my life every day). 

I really enjoyed getting poetry back into my life, and having remembered how much I love it, I'll be talking about 26 of my favorite poets for the A to Z Blogging Challenge. (Plus April is National Poetry Month, so it's just kind of perfect!)

Here's my tentative list of poets, though I reserve the right to change my mind should I think of another one I'd rather explore here on my blog. I'm cheating a little bit by letting myself use the letter for *either* the poet's first or last name. That really helped, as there were some pile-ups on certain letters!

Adrienne Rich
Bishop, Elizabeth
Clifton, Lucille
Dove, Rita
Emily Dickinson
Ferlinghetti, Lawrence
Gluck, Louise
Hughes, Langston
Irwin, Mark
John Donne
Kumin, Maxine
Li-Young Lee
Michelle Boisseau
Neruda, Pablo
Oliver, Mary
Poe, Edgar Allan
Qabbani, Nizar
Robert Browning
St. Vincent-Millay, Edna
Teasdale, Sara
Unamuno, Miguel de
Vallejo, Cesar
Walt Whitman
XJ Kennedy
Yusef Komanyakaa
Zaran, Lisa

So, here's hoping you'll join me in exploring some great poets and their words, as well as checking out some of the other wonderful themed collections in this challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Nice theme. Did you pick it before or after checking to see if there was a poet for every letter? ;)

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Dining with IC
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked it, then started brainstorming and researching to make sure I could actually fill out the list.

      Delete