Monday, July 31, 2023

Pick a setting: an Open Book blog hop post

 


Welcome to Open Book Blog Hop. You can find us every Monday talking about the writing life. I hope you'll check out all the posts: you'll find the links at the bottom of this post.

A field full of sunflowers on a bright morning? Or, rolling hills on a clear full moon night?  
______________________

Those both sound pretty nice, in different ways. I guess it depends on what I'll be up to in this setting, and how hot it is outside. I wilt like a cabbage leaf in the bright, hot sun, but I also don't have great night vision. Are there mosquitos? 

I know, I'm overthinking it. 

I can imagine myself walking in the field of sunflowers with my youngest kid, who loves flowers as much as I do. There's a field like this near us, next to Maple View Farms, a favorite ice cream shop, so we could wander in the sunflowers until we got too hot, then cool off with sundaes or smoothies. 

Those rolling hills on a clear, full moon night sound pretty romantic, so I think I'll head over there with my husband, a citronella candle, and a blanket and lay there listening to frog song for a while. 

Maybe this is a more poetic way of asking whether I'm a night owl or a day lark, and like I am with both things, I'm both!

How about you? Does one of these settings please your heart more than the other? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments. 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

4 comments:

  1. Those darn mosquitos can put a damper on romance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! And Sweetman is called "sweetman" for a reason. The mosquitos love him.

      Delete
  2. Luckily we don't have mosquitos here in the UK. I wilt at any temperature above 25 degrees Centigrade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No mosquitos might be reason enough to undo my ancestors' work and migrate back!

      Delete