Monday, March 21, 2016

A to Z: Theme Reveal

 
 
I'm very excited to be participating in the Blogging from A to Z Challenge again this year. This will be my third time, and I always find it to be a wonderful ride. It feels like a real accomplishment when you make it all the way to Z.  It's an opportunity to connect with other bloggers, and to explore a theme that is close to your heart.
 
http://cdn.playbuzz.com/cdn/639f09a7-e6e7-4755-bdf0-d22e9d2a7528/ddc3a688-03b5-4dd6-9a08-78af32de84b6.jpg

For me, that's going to be superheroes. 

If you know me, you're probably going, "Hello Megan!" 

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhxe65zTTb1qgsmk4.png
It's a completely obvious theme for me. I love superheroes. They are some of the stories that touch closest to the heart of me. The combination of "what if" with strong character arcs and moral quandaries makes me squee like the fangirl I am at heart. I even have my own superhero series (Menopausal Heroes) going, the second book of which (Change of Life) comes out in April!

So, I'll be writing about my favorite superheroes and why I love them. Here's what I have in mind, though, as a woman and a writer, I reserve the right to change my mind along the way.  

A is for Antman
B is for Buffy
C is for Cyborg
D is for Daredevil
E is for Elastigirl
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61Ogiu5VwBL.jpg
F is for Flash Gordon
G is for Gamora
H is for Hawkgirl
I is for Ironman
J is for James Bond
K is for Kid Flash
L is for Leonardo
M is for Ms. Marvel
N is for Nick Fury
O is for Obi-Wan Kenobi
P is for Phantom
Q is for Quicksilver
R is for Red Sonja
S is for Swamp Thing
T is for The Tick
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/79709/
1892621-the_tick_spoon_by_tigerofmyth.jpg
U is for Underdog
V is for Velma
W is for Wolverine
X is for Professor X
Y is for Gertrude Yorkes
Z is for Zorro

I'm excited just reading my own list, because it includes so many imaginary people that are dear to me for one reason or another. I can't wait to share them with you. You can also check out my offerings from 2015: My Writing/Publishing Journey and 2014: Evocative Words here on my blog. 

If you would like to play along or just see what other bloggers out there are doing with this challenge, please check out the Blogging from A to Z Challenge webpage or this linky for theme reveals.

36 comments:

  1. YAY! I just published my reveal too! (Hellllloooo, insomnia!)

    Glad you're my partner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. W00t! I'm excited to see what you do with your theme of illness. Love the logo you made for it!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm looking forward to your obsolete words stories.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Yolanda! Can't wait to read your posts, too!

      Delete
  4. Super heroes are awesome and you're posts are going to rock.

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for superheroes - I shall definitely be here to see your posts.
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings | Wittegen Press | FB3X (AC)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm looking forward to your fictional Phantoms as well :)

      Delete
  6. What a great list of superheroes you'll be posting about. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Many of my favorite characters are on this list.

      Delete
  7. Superheroes! Love those guys and gals. Bring 'em on. I'll enjoy this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm having fun writing the posts so far.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like fun! Definitely see a few of my favorites on there. Can't wait to check out your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Always fun to share favorites with another fan.

      Delete
  9. I'm not familiar with some of these, but others I really like. I look forward to your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course you'd choose superheroes. I don't know anyone who knows so much about them and has such a unique take on the subject. This should be great!
    Elizabeth Hein - Scribbling in the Storage Room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've started writing the posts and I'm having a great time so far, geeking out about my favorite imaginary people (besides my own, of course).

      Delete
  11. Love Superheroes! Look forward to reading more about them.

    Peace,
    Morgan Dragonwillow
    Dragonwillow Journeys
    Story Dam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Obviously they have a special place in my heart, too.

      Delete
  12. What an awesome theme! The Tick! Please promise me you'll include Bipolar Bear in that post - so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Supercool! You are going to rock the challenge! Have a great April.

    Best wishes,
    Nilanjana.
    Madly-in-Verse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It looks like you will, too. Limericks? Too cool.

      Delete
  14. I remember seeing your posts on last year's challenge. Looking forward to re-connecting with you this time around :) Great theme!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's going to fun to revisit new friends and find some new ones.

      Delete
  15. I don't see big names in your list. No Bruce, No Kent and No Chris Rogers.

    I wish your list had some big names :(

    Nvm I will be back soon.

    The Solitary Writer - A to Z Challenge Theme Reveal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I've enjoyed some Batman and Superman stories, neither character is on my list of favorites. Maybe I'm just too hipster to like something so popular (LAUGHS), but neither of those men really speak to me as much as other characters. Chris Rogers? Do you mean the Cricket player? Or did you mean Steve Rogers/Captain America?

      Delete
  16. Great theme--who doesn't love superheoroes?! good luck! Gail at Making Life An Art

    ReplyDelete
  17. Z for Zorro the super hero. Very good.
    Good to visit your site as a part of my A to Z visits. My theme Blog Promotion
    Welcome to A to Z April Blogging Challenge 2016 - Co-Participant - Nrao - NRao Blogs
    @knoltweet
    NRao Blogs - 2016 A to Z Challenge Blog Posts
    Management Theory Review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-) Some of the heroes that stay with me best are the ones I've loved since childhood.

      Delete
  18. Can't wait to see your AtoZChallenge, it sounds amazing. I'm blogging blessings at http://llmcalling.blogspot.com and also poems about MS at http://mscalling.blogspot.co.uk/p/a-to-z-of-ms.html

    ReplyDelete