Monday, June 26, 2023

My Dream Writing Space, An Open Book Blog Hop post


 

Welcome to Open Book Blog Hop. You can find us every Monday talking about the writing life. I hope you'll check out all the posts: you'll find the links at the bottom of this post.

Describe what your dream writing space would look like. 

______________________

For most of my adult life, I didn't have a designated writing space at all. But when my eldest left for college, we played "room-capades" at la casa Bryant and I scored a room of my own! 

I put a LOT of work into making it just the way I wanted and did nearly all the work for it myself, from peeling the old wallpaper and painting the walls to hanging the curtains. So, in a way, I feel like I *have* my dream writing space. 

The best part is my plant window. Instead of curtains, I just have shelves across the windows and they are lined with plants and pretty stones and little knick-knacks from my life. 



Now that I'm settled into my Writing Oasis, I mostly wish it was just a bit bigger. It's only a ten by ten room and I have a LOT of books, decorative items, houseplants, and memorabilia, not to mention "writing business" stuff like my inventory of books for events, bookmarks, swag, etc. It feels a little cramped sometimes, and getting rid of some of these belongings would be heartbreaking. 

Since this is an absolute fantasy, maybe I can transport my room to a turret in a clifftop mansion with a secret passageway through the closet and a dramatic, rocky seascape vista. Or some kind of magic door so that I can walk through it into any setting I want and take my writing break on a beach or in the mountains or in Paris on a whim. 

But really, I'm just so grateful to have my own space, designed to support my writing life and not shared with any other purpose. I'm truly spoiled. 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

  1. I love that plant wall! It must take you a long time to water them all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too much. Mostly, it's once a week. Less than that for the succulents.

      Delete