Monday, February 15, 2016

Muse Party Blogfest


So happy to have been invited to the Muse Party Blogfest again. I had a great time last year, when my character, Patricia O'Neill came with me. Since we're doing a Valentine's party this year, I invited Leonel, because he's dreamy. Plus, he's married and gay as well as imaginary, so my husband shouldn't get too jealous.

1. Who did you bring to the party? Is he/she your Valentine or anti-Valentine?

This is my character Leonel Alvarez, one of the four main characters in Going Through the Change: A Menopausal Superhero Novel. Now that he's had some time to adjust to life as a man, he's trying to get out there and meet people. He was a little homebound there for a while and is ready to party!

He's not my Valentine…that would be my husband. But he's a romantic fellow and very handsome. I'm not really his type though. He prefers his husband, David. We'll have a good time together though. No pressure!


2. Which one of you is the more romantic person?

Tough call. I think we're a lot alike in that regard. We're both dog-people, meaning we're loyal to the core, and fiercely passionate. Leonel's story is undeniably romantic, though. His marriage survived an unexpected gender change! My husband and I have had far less to overcome.

3. What gift are you giving to your (anti) Valentine?

Leonel has struggled with fashion since he became a man. I found him a new shirt, made of something soft and lovely, but that fits flattering over all those new muscles.

4. Are you guys wearing red or pink (or black...)?

Leonel is wearing pink. It's always been one of his favorite colors, and he's woman and man enough to wear it well. He looks great in the button-up with jeans and boots. I'm wearing my red Converse with a Deadpool tee shirt and jeans. Leonel rolled his eyes at me, but I'm just not the dress and heels type. And hey, my Deadpool tee shirt is red! He'll have to go with Jessica next year if he wants a dressy date.

5. Did you bring any Valentine's Day treats?


http://www.theblissery.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/macarons-feature-pic.jpg
Leonel is a wizard in the kitchen. He brought macarons. They're not only delicious; they're also beautiful! He doesn't have as much time to cook as he used to, now that he's joined the Department, but when he's in there, he can work magic.

6. Name a song for our Love Playlist or Anti-Love Playlist (or both)!

I'm a big fan of Norah Jones and Madeleine Peyroux when it come to love songs.


Leonel says that's not peppy enough for a party though. He's thinking maybe "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves or the Proclaimers (I'm Gonna Be) 500 Miles, for the English speakers. And for los que hablan español: "Las Cosas Pequeñas" by Prince Royce or "Me Faltas Tú" by Thalia.

7. Got a great anti/Valentine party game?

A good game of charades is always fun, especially with a theme of love songs or romantic movies. Leonel is a surprisingly good singer, so if you queue up some karaoke he might just floor you with a tune. If we drink enough to start feeling confessional, a game of "I Never" is sure to be revealing and hilarious.

8. Feeling the love or just feeling nauseous? How will you have fun at the party?

I'm more of a people watcher than a mover and shaker. I'll probably find someone else a little introverted and shy and sit and make awkward small talk with him or her. Leonel is quite social though. I bet by the end of the party, everyone will want his phone number, and quite a few will have it. Though only David has his heart.

9. Has your muse been a good Valentine?

Definitely. Leonel is the truest heart I know. I'm lucky to count him among my imaginary friends.

*Jordan's Bonus Question (feel free to ignore him...): Did you bring me & Sarah a musiversary gift? (Because we've put up with each other for five years and I think we deserve something.)

Yes, Jordan, we did. Besides the macarons (yes, you get to the keep the leftovers). I told Leonel about your karaoke version of Satisfaction last year, so he found you this "Moves Like Jagger" tee shirt. We figured you could both wear it. (And to be clear: Leonel is both too old for you, and married, Jordan. So no heavy flirting!).

https://01.img.society6.com/society6/img/Jk0TDEEKbLlfHs_fUxVQF6sGaf8/w_550,h_550/tshirts/
women/greybg/white/~artwork/s6-0008/a/1529498_6281685.jpg?wait=1

Be sure to check out the rest of the party, being held at the blogs in this linky:


Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...


30 comments:

  1. Haha! Jordan will definitely love the t-shirt! It's ok, he doesn't really go for older guys (anymore). But he'll probably still flirt a little...
    Thanks for coming to my party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leonel will be relieved. He's attracted a lot of attention for his new physicality, and it makes him really uncomfortable!

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I think Jordan will love the t-shirt. :)

    Thank you for this opportunity to meet your character. Leonel sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We're looking forward to getting around and meeting everyone else, too.

      Delete
  3. That is an incredibly cool t-shirt. Great gift. And what a character!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the T-Shirt and would love to see the two boys dance in them. Maybe later today when the kids are in bed... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks. Leonel is much better at the whole "socialize at a party" thing than I am. But, then again, most people are.

      Delete
  6. Glad to see you and Leonel back for this party. :) I'll definitely take one of those macarons. Would it be impolite to take one of each color? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you definitely should. They are actually different flavors as well. The green ones are pistachio. Yum!

      Delete
  7. I think I bought your book because it sounded awesome. This just made me want to read it more. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool post.
    I honestly didn't know macarons came in different colors.
    And I've never heard the song before, either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like slow schmaltz when it comes to love songs :-)

      Delete
  9. Those macarons look gorgeous. :-)

    Nice to meet you, Leonel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd be the same as you, standing at the side of the room and making awkward small talk! Those macarons look gorgeous! I loved meeting Leonel :), hope to see him again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were good! I ate far too many. And Leonel will be in a novella with Patricia and Cindy. It will be released March 5: The Indomitable Ten.

      Delete
  11. So interesting! I actually knew a couple who survived a gender change, once. They were SO devoted! I'd love to hear more about this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew Linda and David would find a way, even though Linda/Leonel's gender change was not something she chose. Love will find a way.

      Delete
  12. I love Walking on Sunshine, too! Great party song!

    Fun post!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather. It's a favorite for me and my real life Valentine, since it was featured in Ella Enchanted, which was our first "family date" movie.

      Delete
  13. Somehow I missed this one. Sounds like you had fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always really enjoy these character sharing types of blog hops :-)

      Delete
  14. Charades is always fun (with a little alcohol mixed in for those too social anxious to participate). Interesting character!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post and what a wonderful character Leonel is! Evelyn (my muse) thinks he is hot for a guy! Ha! Sorry I am so late dropping by. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been late making it around to all the other guests, too. Thanks for coming by! Leonel just silently blushed. He was better at accepting compliments when he was a woman.

      Delete