Wednesday, March 29, 2017

AtoZ: Theme Reveal: Places In My Heart (a little late)

It's almost April and you know what that means: The AtoZ Blogging Challenge! For those who haven't played along before, the AtoZ Blogging Challenge asks bloggers to post every day during April (excepting Sundays), which works out to 26 days, one for each letter of the alphabet. In my opinion, it's the most fun if you choose a theme.

In 2016, I did favorite superheroes.
In 2015, I released my first novel, so my posts were all about that.
In 2014, the first time I played, I did evocative words.

I love this blogging challenge both for how it pushes me and for how it puts me in contact with new bloggers to read and network with.

I missed the official theme reveal on March 20, probably because I was deep in editing my third novel at the time, so I'm playing a bit late.



My theme this year is Places in my Heart. I'll be talking about places that have mattered to me in a lasting way in my life. Here's my list of planned posts.

A: Alhambra, Granada, Spain
B: Big Bend, West Virginia
C: Carolina Theatre, Durham, NC
D: Duke Gardens, Durham, NC
E: Elmo's Diner, Carrboro, NC
G: Going-to-the-Sun Road, Glacier National Park, Montana
H: Chena Hot Springs Resort, Fairbanks, Alaska
I: Tybee Island, Georgia
J: Joseph-Beth Booksellers, Lexington, Kentucky
K: Kennicott/McCarthy, Alaska
L: Last Train to Nowhere, Nome, Alaska
M: Museum Road, Oxford, England
O: Occoneechee Speedway Trail, Hillsborough, North Carolina
P: Plaza Mayor, Madrid, Spain
Q: "Queen City", Cincinnati, Ohio
R: Richardson Highway, Alaska
S: Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
T: Tom's Book Nook, Bellevue, Kentucky
U: Ouzinkie, Alaska (Monk's Lagoon)
W: Weaver Street Market, Hillsborough, North Carolina
Z: David Traylor Zoo, Emporia, Kansas

This year, instead of doing a linky signup, we're playing BINGO. Using this bingo board, the idea is to track down posts that meet each category. So, come read with us at AtoZ starting Saturday :-)


  • A post that mentions a car, truck, or motorcycle.
  • A post that mentions a book you've read and reviewed.
  • A post about an animal you've never learned about before.
  • A post with an image of something green.
  • A post that inspired you to make something.

  • A post about something in your fandom.
  • A post with a recipe you tried.
  • A post where you learned something new.
  • A post that mentions outer space.
  • A post that mentions ancient times.

  • A post that mentions a horse.
  • A post with an image of a dog or cat.
  • A post with something you're allergic to.
  • A post with diversity.

  • A post with coffee.
  • A post with a pun.
  • A post with a poem.
  • A post that made you laugh.
  • A post that made you cry.

  • A post about a place you've been.
  • A post about a place you will probably never see.
  • A post that improved your health (or offered a way for you to try to).
  • A post with a story you can tell around the campfire.
  • A post with three or more different words that begin with X.



No comments:

Post a Comment