Wednesday, November 9, 2016

If Wishes Were Horses




I've been doing a lot of wishing here lately. It's something I do when I'm frustrated or worried, and there's been plenty of that to go around in 2016. So, rather than kvetching about what I'm worried and frustrated about, I'll talk about what I wish (though my wishes probably reveal my worries).
  • I wish they'd find a real cure for cancer. Not just treatment options that leave you sicker than the sickness itself, if you're lucky. 
  • I wish our education system was tenable, sustainable, and adequately funded. 
  • I wish I could vote FOR someone, instead of always just voting AGAINST the option that scare me most.
  • I wish empathy was more common. 
  • I wish I could afford to give up my day job to pursue my dreams. 
  • I wish I could let my husband give up his day job to pursue his dreams. 
  • I wish college wasn't going to bankrupt our family here in a couple more years. 
  • I wish weight loss was a simple straightforward process instead of a minefield full of sinkholes and traps. 
  • I wish cars didn't break down and have to be replaced.
  • I wish for a miracle discovery success story that bankrolls my life from here on out.
  • I wish I could afford to travel again.
  • I wish the universe would smile kindly on those I love instead of ripping the rug out from beneath them as it so often seems to do.
  • I wish "mean girls" was just a movie title. 
  • I would wish for time . . .but I'm superstitious about doing that. 
As I come to the end of 2016, I realize that it was a rough year on many fronts. But I also realize I've had a lot to be grateful for. So, November is all about finding my heart of gratitude again. 
_______________________________
Going Through the Change is on sale today: the Kindle edition is 99¢. If you've read and enjoyed it, please spread the word. If you've been meaning to have a look, here's your chance to do so at low financial risk. 

3 comments:

  1. My brother is going through cancer treatment right now so the first one hits me hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of worries and concerns, and I'm sorry for that. But like you said at the end, it's time to remember and be grateful for everything we have. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete