Wednesday, August 27, 2014

School Starts and Life Stops

I'm a twenty-first century mom. So, I have an array of tools at my fingertips for keeping my family organized, fed, groomed, educated, and entertained. I use them, and use them well (you should SEE my google calendar!), but that doesn't mean that I don't still struggle to keep all the balls I'm juggling in the air. This week in particular, I feel like I can't catch my breath. I had to go from couch to marathon without all those nice little increments on the way up.

There have been some big changes in our family life this year. The oldest started high school--in another city. The youngest took up taekwondo. The hubby had to reorganize his evening commitments. I got a book contract. It's a lot of change all at once, and we're exhausted from the adjustment.

It happens every year. School starts, and for a week or two, the rest of life just stops. I know that we'll balance all this out eventually, but right now, I'm dizzy! Here's to the middle of this week, and making it to the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment